Sword Services continues to work closely with its Clients, Suppliers and Employees to ensure it is responding effectively to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. The Government has now moved into its ‘Delay Phase’ with the aim being to slow down the spread of the virus and mitigate its impact.
Our primary aim remains the same, to continue servicing our Clients during this challenging period as well as doing everything we can to protect our workforce. The following are either new measures being introduced or upgrades to our previous action plan. All activities introduced previously remain in place unless specifically stated otherwise:
- As part of our standard operating practices we host a Start of Day Ops Meeting at which all departments are represented. We have now included a Daily Update – COVID19 agenda item to review all relevant Government briefings and instruct our staff accordingly
- We have postponed our Client Technology Day which was scheduled for June and set a revised date of 16th September 2020 (provisional). At this event we host over 150 people at our Head Office so it was deemed a high risk and something that could be moved to later in the year
- We are now performing COVID19 Risk Assessments for all work requests be it for existing or new Clients to ensure our Engineers are not entering high risk environments without the appropriate protection or consideration for impact to the business. We are doing this to ensure that we maintain as close to a full complement of Engineers as possible so we can service all priority work requests during this period
- We have received a number of enquiries from our Clients and Partners seeking to clarify our position during this period. We have responded to all requests and there are no compliance issues
- We are installing a portable hand washing station in our reception area this week and upgrading our building access policy making it mandatory for anyone (visitor or staff) wishing to enter the premises to wash their hands and use the sanitiser provided
- We have taken delivery of additional laptops as a backup to our current IT inventory. These devices are provisioned for immediate use and will be deployed in the event of any device failures
- We have introduced educational training sessions for all staff on the best methods to take good care of their health including healthy eating and vitamin supplements designed to lessen the effect of the virus and promote speedy recovery
- We have advised all staff to avoid international travel as well as mass gatherings and other high risk areas such as the Underground
Sword Services is proactively managing this situation and will update Clients, Suppliers and Employees following any changes to our strategy.